Why an additional departmental-tad tax
On June 20, 2022 the Departmental Council of Haute-Loire voted the TAD for application from January 1, 2023.
This is exclusively allocated to expenditure aimed at promoting the development of the tourist economy of the Haute-Loire. This new resource will support the strategic axes of the next departmental tourism plan for the period 2023/2027.
What will this additional tax be used for?
- The development and promotion of outdoor activities adapted to the new expectations of customers.
- The promotion of industrial, agricultural, artisanal and gastronomic know-how, identity elements of the Department.
- The positioning of Haute-Loire as a reference destination for sustainable and eco-responsible tourism.
- Strengthening the use of digital technology to promote the destination and the tourist offer in Haute-Loire
- Collection :As of January 1, 2023, accommodation providers as well as digital reservation platforms will collect the “territory” tourist tax increased by 10%
The rate of the additional departmental tax must appear in a visible manner for the customer and appear on the same display as that of the tourist tax. This distinction must be visible on the invoice given to the customer.
- Payment : The hosts pay the tourist tax to the recipient local authority, ie the Community of Communes Brioude Sud Auvergne.
- It is necessary to clearly distinguish the part of the tourist tax going to the territory and that to the Department.
- The repayment : The Community of Communes Brioude Sud Auvergne will collect the product of the local tourist tax and the additional departmental tax which it will pay in full to the Department
Anne ARAUD | 04 43 07 11 47
Referent Delegate Direction Sustainable Development and Sports